The Roommate: Someday Her Prince Will Come


My dear, sweet naive roommate busted into my room and exclaimed that she was in fact Princess Tiana, and had met her prince charming. Without thinking of a controlled response to her clear exhibition of insanity, I rolled my eyes and exclaimed in a voice that matched her pitch and tone ‘you can’t be serious’ with an added obvious measure of annoyance. Her eyes narrowed and she continued to explain how it was love at first sight and that they were going to live happily ever after (don’t ask her what happily ever after means). I considered telling her that upon graduation she should think of becoming a writer for Disney, instead I bit my tongue and tried to more tactfully explain to her that she was nuts! Needless to say two weeks after meeting him, the novelty had worn off and she was left distraught, singing as if straight out of a Disney Princess film that ‘someday her prince would come.’ Consider for a moment that this is what Disney’s fairytales have produced, crazy girls that expect men to live up to these unrealistic expectations of love, don’t you feel bad for these men?
(image courtesy of LoveMelody on deviantart.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment